Andy can offer a variety of WORKSHOPS for SCHOOLS and TEACHERS, according to your needs or interests.
Sessions for Students.
How to get into Drama School. (1 hour)
How and when to apply.
How to write the dreaded personal statement.
How to select a powerful repertoire of dynamic and winning speeches.
How to excel in the interview
How to be creative in stress and judgement-free rehearsals and preparation.
How to work on texts. (90 mins)
Dynamic and fun workshops on how to prepare and present fresh, fizzing yet credible and connected, no-nonsense monologues that engage and hold the panel, while avoiding all the usual traps that most candidates fall into when delivering their work.
Dealing With Shakespeare. De mystifying exercises. Finding the gold. Banishing fear.
AS Examination Monologue/Duologues (90 mins)
- How to prepare and execute a spot-on exam piece.
- How to deal with Shakespeare. (Would also help English students).
Sessions for teachers.
For busy people who have a million other things to get through and maybe limited specialist knowledge in this ever-changing field, Andy can support your work too. This could be one-to-one or part of INSET for a group of drama teachers from several schools. It could run adjacent to a student session.
How best to support your students. (90 mins)
- Application tactics to maximise student success and minimise stress.
- How to access, with ease, up-to-the-minute gems of info and knowledge on what each school is looking for.
- What happens at each audition. How many candidates attended. How many people on the panel. The nature of the interview.
- The psychology of it. How to get the best from your students. How to support them through what can be a lengthy campaign and keep them positive while working for their dream.
“How to get into Drama School” Presentation £ 75
“How to work on Texts” or “AS Monos/Duos” £100
90 mins 20 students maximum
Book 3 workshops on the same day & get teacher advice FREE.
Book 4 workshops on the same day for the price of 3.
Teacher Advice “How best to support your students” £ 75
Travel costs are included and there is no VAT payable.
Why not double up with another school in your area to make it more affordable?
HOW TO BOOK
Please email your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Which workshop(s) are you interested in?
How many students will be involved?
Would you like a teacher INSET session?
When would you like this? Give alternative dates if possible.
What time of day?
Your name and school address?
Your Contact details – email/phone no.
We will then get in touch with you to confirm the booking and cost.